2013年1月22日火曜日

Memphis and its Necropolis

Hello, everyone. I am going to write about a World Heritage site today.

Today's place is Memphis and its Necropolis - the Pyramid Fields from Giza to Dahshur in Egypt. Of course, you know Pyramids and you have seen them in pictures or on TV at least once . I think that they are so mysterious, don't you think so? Memphis is the oldest city in Egypt's history, and there were Giza, Dahshur and Saqqara as the city of Death. Saqqara has the oldest pyramid in the world. Great Pyramid of Giza is the King Khufu’s pyramid, and it is the biggest pyramid in the world.

That is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and it is the only building which there is. Do you know about the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World? Have you heard once? The Seven Wonder of the Ancient World are Great Pyramid of Giza, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Mausoleum at Halicarnassus as know the Mausoleum of Mausolus, Colossus of Rhodes, and the Lighthouse of Alexandria. I didn’t know that, and I never heard that, too.However, it sounds wonderful, don’t you think so? I like to knowing like that, so I was excited when I read about them.

Anyway, I have told about Egypt’s pyramid. Next pyramid, Khafre’s Pyramid is the second biggest pyramid, but it was built higher place than Khufu’s one, so it looks the tallest one. And there is the biggest Sphinx near the Khafre’s pyramid like protect the pyramid. Sphinx is mythical creature, and you may see it once. Sphinx has the head of a human who like Egyptian, and the body is a lion. The last pyramid is the Menkaure’s Pyramid. The oldest pyramid of Saqqara is Pyramid of Djoser, and it looks stairs, so it is called Stairs Pyramid. Now, I wrote about Egypt and the Pyramid. I thought that there are lots of mystery in the Egypt, and I want to go there someday.

 That’s all. Thank you for reading :)
 346 words/14,976 words

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿